Fielding multiple job offers and having a hard time picking between them?
The role-fit prioritization exercise can help. It’s a simple way to evaluate opportunities both qualitatively and quantitatively.
I’ve found it helpful because it helps separate what I think I want versus what I actually want. Hopefully, it can do the same for you!
- Write down 10 criteria that are a must-have in your next role or company (idea, impact, salary, team, etc). Write down a qualitative description of your perfect opportunity as well.
- Complete the exercise the next day without looking at the older list.
- Do it 10 days in a row.
- Take your final list on the 10th day and cut it down to 5.
- Put those 5 criteria in a rubric and rank each company or role across those metrics.
- Write a narrative around each role or company and see how well it compares to your ideal opportunity.